But have no fear, your fountain of mental youth is here! I finally found the secret to get myself feeling grounded again. And that was to create time in each day that I like to call “Me Time.”
"Me Time" is just what is says, doing things that are FOR YOU! Find things you like to do and start doing them more often. It's all about doing little things that distract you from your daily routine. Here is a list of things that you can do during your “Me Time” that will make you feel less stressed, fulfilled, and finally make you feel a little more in control of your time!
- Buy a dollar store coloring book and get your color on! You don’t even have to stay in the lines (living on the edge, I know!)
- Make yourself a craft corner and devote an hour to it! (See my DIY page for ideas!)
- Look up a new crazy cupcake recipe and bake a yummy surprise for friends and family. (Maple and Bacon Cupcake?)
- Go to Barnes and Noble and read in their comfy chairs. And every time you go just pick up where you left off the last time!
- Grab your camera. Go outside and snap away! You will really see all the beauty around you that you may have missed before.
- Go for a walk. Put in your headphones and just enjoy the view and smells of the outdoors.
- Turn off your cell phone and computer! Just having some time away from the rest of the world can be very calming and powerful.
- Tune into your favorite show. I love nothing more than taking an hour or so and indulging in the Food Network!
- Make lists. I don’t know what it is about lists but I LOVE making them! Don’t make the traditional “To Do List” or things that make you feel like you need to get productive and cause stress. Try a “Christmas Gift Ideas List” or “A Fall Fun List”.
- Make an oldies CD. This will be the perfect thing to put in your car the next time you need to head to class or work, instant pick-me-up! (Can you say Spice Girls?)
- Start a scrapbook. We all have so many pictures online but they just stay there! It’s time to print off those photos and put them in one place. You can work on this a little bit each day and have great nostalgia along the way!
- Go window shopping. It can be very relaxing just getting out of the house and looking at new things. And the mall is always so pretty around the Holidays!
- Change it up! Changing up your look can be a great way to start fresh! There are tons of hair chalking tutorials, new makeup techniques, and more online that will make you feel brand new!
- Make a Happiness Jar. Write things on a piece of paper that make you smile. It can be quotes, memories, lyrics, photos, or anything you want…it’s YOUR happiness jar!
- Volunteer. Find a local humane society or place your can lend an hour or so a couple times a week. There is nothing like giving to others to feel more fulfilled!