Even though making a costume can rattle your wallet just as much as a store-bought costume, making it yourself is so much more fun and fulfilling!
Here’s what I used to transform myself into a cute little minion:
1. Overalls $30 Farm & Fleet
2. White knit hat $1.50 Wal-Mart
3. Yellow dye for hat $2.99 Hobby Lobby
4. Pack of black pipe-cleaners for hair $.77 Wal-Mart
5. Colored felt for face $.29 a sheet Wal-Mart
6. Yellow T-shirt $6.99 Kohl's
7. 2-pack black gloves $2.99 Wal-Mart
I already had a hot glue gun at home, so after cutting and getting all my hat pieces ready, the finished costume was only a few finger burns and dabs of glue away!
So if you still have some Halloween parties to attend, or you want to start planning for next year, I say DIY is the way to go! It’s all about making memories. Happy crafting!